- Stainless steel deShedding edge reaches through topcoat to safely and easily remove loose hair and undercoat
- FURejector button releases hair with ease
- Ergonomic handle for comfort and easy use
- Remove loose hair without damaging the coat or cutting the skin when used as directed
- deShedding tool for large (51-90 lbs) dogs with long hair
By reducing shedding up to 90%, the FURminator ® deShedding Tool enables you to share your home with your dog, without surrendering it to his hair.
The NEW Long Hair deShedding Tool for Large Dogs is specially designed for dogs that are less than 51-90 pounds with hair that is longer than 2 inches.
The long hair stainless steel edge reaches deep beneath your dog’s long topcoat to safely remove undercoat and loose hair.
The FURejector(R) button cleans and removes loose hair from the tool with ease.
FURminator(R) deShedding tools come in a wide variety of options tailored to your dog’s size and coat length.
Furminator DeShedding Tool
1.For best results, we recommend deShedding your pet immediately after washing and drying. Use only on a completely dry coat. Our extensive line of FURminator(R) deShedding products are designed to promote healthy skin and coat and reduce loose hair from excess shedding.
2. Before using the deShedding tool, perform a complete physical inspection of your pet. Remove tangles or mats with a FURminator(R) Slicker Brush or Finishing Comb before using the deShedding tool. Look for sores, bruises and skin conditions, which may be concealed by his coat. If your pet has any of these conditions, seek treatment from a veterinarian before brushing.
3. Use the deShedding tool much like a brush and gently stroke across the pet’s coat in the direction of hair growth, angling the stainless steel teeth of the deShedding edge toward the coat. Start from the head and work your way back, using extra care near the pet’s stomach, legs, genitals and anus. Avoid making excessive strokes in a single area, instead using long, gentle strokes up and away from your pet’s skin. Deep or rough brushing can cause your pet’s skin to become red and irritated, so do not apply too much weight or downward pressure. If you notice any redness or irritation, discontinue use.
4.Remove excess hair from the teeth of the deShedding tool as you work by pushing the FURejector(R) button.